- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, public administration, or related field
- CPA preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in accounting, budgeting, auditing, financial management, and reporting; 5yrs of US Government grant or contract cost proposal preparation experience, USAID or international experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Knowledge and experience in project based accounting, financial management, and contract management; fluency in GAAP accounting procedures
- Strong skills in payment operations, funds control, cash and commitment management, internal controls, and international accounting standards
- Previous working experience with international development and government agencies (eg: USAID, DHHS, DOD, DOS, etc. or others)
- Experience in the development of budgets and administration of all federal contract types (all cost reimbursable (CP), FP/FUP, T&M, IDIQ, etc.)
- Ability to lead cost proposal (budget, budget narrative, etc in accordance with solicitation requirements) efforts with minimal supervision from inception to submission
- Relevant experience working on CONUS and OCONUS proposals which may include TCN’s and STTA’s
- Previous experience with FAR required; experience with USAID regulations and DOS regulations preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Deltek Costpoint and Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills as well as exceptional customer relations (both internally & externally); provides sound business judgment and contractual oversight - identifying, presenting/informing management of program issues so they can be resolved timely.
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent bids
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
UNIQUE JOB REQUIREMENTS AND CHARACTERISTICS
Position is highly independent and requires constant email availability and phone contact throughout the day. It requires ability to travel locally to meetings. Work will be done via telework remotely and in the Rockville, MD office. Position is full time and may require additional hours including weekend hours when deadlines loom.
**Social Solutions International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.