Social Solutions International, Inc. is a woman and minority-owned company. Social Solutions emphasizes quality research and evaluation, training and technical assistance, and institutional support services. We are a mission-driven organization that believes that superior science can improve the world. Social Solutions is dedicated to the creation of social and health solutions to improve the welfare of underserved populations worldwide.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has contracted through Social Solutions International to recruit and hire qualified individuals for the following position:
Health Systems Advisor
United States Agency for International Development, Global Health/Office of Health Systems
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Salary: $81,548 - $106,012 (GS-12 equivalent)
The Advisor will be expected to support multiple activities and tasks simultaneously, and will need to work independently and efficiently to balance competing priorities and deadlines while producing high-quality deliverables. The individual must develop a strong working knowledge of USAID technical strategies, priorities, policies, and guidelines as well as corporate practices and procedures related to the programming cycle. S/he may coordinate and lead in developing office reporting documents and OHS contributions to Bureau and Agency reports.
The Advisor must have excellent technical, teamwork, administrative, and communication skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily.
Health Systems Data Analysis and Visualization
Monitor and report on implementation of OHS project activities.
Provide technical monitoring and support to program implementing partners through headquarters and field visits.
Assemble scopes of work, reports, funding analyses, and respond to requests and taskers in support of project functioning.
Liaise with clients (such as USAID missions, regional bureaus, and health program teams) to help coordinate technical support provided through OHS projects.
Assists with special projects as requested.
Other duties as assigned.
Nature of Work
Tasks are technically and administratively diverse, requiring flexibility, creativity, and judgment.
Collaboration and Interaction
Exchange of technical and project management –related information, synthesis and visualization of data, technical interactions with a broad range of stakeholders.
Leadership Responsibilities and Reporting Relationships
Has no authority or responsibility for the supervision of staff.
Oversight and Direction
Receives direction working from established policies and objectives
Master’s degree or higher in public health, health systems strengthening or a related social science field.
1. Minimum five (5) years’ relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in health systems with at least two years’ experience related to international or resource challenged settings.
2. Experience applying systems thinking to global health programs. Demonstrated understanding of public health issues in developing countries and key health systems functions.
3. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Demonstrated skills in health data analysis including familiarity with statistical and data visualization tools. Ability to apply strategic and analytical skills to develop, review, manage/or implement project designs, work plans, program budgets, and technical reports.
4. Ability to effectively present information and respond to technical needs and questions from a broad range of program managers, clients, customers, international partners, other donors, interagency counterparts, and the general public. Fluent English with an excellent ability to communicate, influence and convince verbally and in writing.
5. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with people of diverse professional, educational, and cultural backgrounds. Excellent team work, networking, facilitation and negotiation skills. Proven ability to apply innovative approaches, work independently and apply new methods to solve problems. Excellent organizational and management skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and flexibly on complex, simultaneous, evolving tasks and challenges.
Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time.
U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residency required.
Ability to obtain and maintain, at a minimum, a Facilities Access clearance
SOCIAL SOLUTIONS INTERNATIONAL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE COMPANY DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE JOB REQUIREMENTS ABOVE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Social Solutions International offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.social solutions.biz
Social Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.