Social Solutions International, Inc. (Social Solutions) is a Hispanic and woman-owned business emphasizing quality research and evaluation, training and technical assistance, and institutional support services. We are a mission-driven organization that believes that superior science can improve the world. Social Solutions is dedicated to the creation of social and health solutions to improve the welfare of underserved populations worldwide.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has contracted Social Solutions International, Inc. (Social Solutions) to recruit and hire qualified individuals for the following position:
Title: Market Intelligence Advisor
Location: Arlington, VA
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Salary Range: GS 14 equivalent
The Office of HIV/AIDS (OHA) is the center of HIV/AIDS technical leadership for the Agency and has primary responsibility for the Agency’s HIV/AIDS program. OHA provides strategic direction, technical leadership, and support to field programs in HIV and AIDS. It provides input to decisions concerning the strategic allocation of financial and human resources in the sector and assists in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating programs. This entails:
The Supply Chain for Health (SCH) Division provides strategic and technical leadership on supply chain issues to ensure adequate quantity and quality of essential commodities for people affected by HIV/AIDS and related infections. SCH is responsible for managing the largest public health supply chain in the world. Specifically, the Division is responsible for.
The Market Intelligence Advisor is a critical member of the SCH team and will play an important role in ensuring that the US Government’s investments in the fight against HIV/AIDS are being used effectively and efficiently. SCH leadership will be looking to the Advisor to quickly begin to add value in the following roles and responsibilities:
1. Serve as an expert in market intelligence on HIV and other global health commodities.
2. Conduct market intelligence assessments, prioritize products’ risk management, and explore means to achieve cost savings.
3. Develop and provide advice on SCH market shaping and commodity sourcing strategies.
4. Collaborate with USAID Missions and offices and other PEPFAR agencies in order to assess market intelligence needs and actions.
5. Participate in technical practice and/or working group of relevance to areas of interest and/or procurement and supply chain management; shares information and best practices learned.
6. Participate in initiatives to drive innovation.
7. Participate in specific projects and activities.
8. Establish and maintain close working relationships, providing expert technical advice, recommendations and presentation on SCH matters to senior staff and relevant USAID operating units, implementing partners, the Office of the Global AIDS Coordinator, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, US Department of Health and Human Services, and other agencies involved with HIV/AIDS activities.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Social Solutions offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.socialsolutions.biz.
Social Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.